Friday, January 20, 2017

Review: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

P.S. I Like You
By: Kasie West
Release Date: July 26, 2016

Description:
Signed, sealed, delivered…

While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…





Review:
This book was AMAZING! Really anything by Kasie West that I’ve read so far has been amazing.  We meet a group of characters who are memorable and the plot was something out of dreams.  It was super cute, adorable, and loveable and I just connected with everyone in this book.  It takes a real special skill to make that connection between reader and characters, it’s a beautiful thing.

We meet quirky, crazy hair, big family Lily who is trying to get over her boredom in chemistry.  It’s a tough class, I remember but I loved it.  For Lily, not so much so be it a surprise for her when she writes something on a desk and someone writes back.  In comes the beginning of a wonderful story.  The mystery of having someone you don’t know write to you and you get to know someone without any pretenses.  Words are very magical and when you don’t know who is reading them you tend to be as honest and as real as you possibly can.  This is what brings Lily and her Chemistry pen pal together.

The other characters in the book are her best friend Isobel who is constantly trying to get her to like someone so they can both be happy.  Sometimes it’s not about being with someone that makes you happy but being with the right person.  There is one person they both have in common, Isobel’s ex. Cade Jennings.  He is Lily’s enemy, they constantly fight with one another.  I don’t call that hate I call that passion.

Each and every character has their own issues and it’s just fun living in their lives with them.  I felt for every character.  Throughout the book I cried, I laughed, I smiled, I frowned, I had butterflies, and hopes, there were just so many emotions I went through and they all helped make this book absolutely perfect.  The writing really captivates you and you can’t help but get sucked into the world that you are reading.  The characters are so vibrant, unique and personable. 


I really don’t want to say too much about this book away because I don’t want to give anything away.  I just know that I loved it from beginning to end, you will be hooked.  It was a quick and fun read that you couldn’t help but enjoy.  Family, friends, enemies and school what better characters and settings can you have.  Great contemporary by Kasie West, she is a wonderful writer and all her books are just marvelous.  Go read this if you haven’t already!


Quote:


No comments: