Friday, February 20, 2015

Review: Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Never Never
By: Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
Release Date: January 7, 2015
Series: Never Never #1

Description:
Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen. 
Complete strangers since this morning. 
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget. 

Review:
This is definitely one of those stories that makes you think.  What really happened, and what is going on?  Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher did a good job of introducing us to these characters who are essentially getting to know one another again.  It was a unique story that I haven’t seen around before or have read anything like it previously.

There is definitely such a thing as short term memory, can we say 51st dates, and hello my name is Tom! Ha. This reminded me of this movie but even more because both of the main characters completely lost their memory and have to relearn everything again.  You have to wonder what it is that happened to them to make them this way, but of course we will not learn that just yet, have to keep you guessing.  I know some may not have liked this book but I definitely did, and I enjoyed the characters because they may have been one way previously but in this new found memory loss they become better people, better siblings and better to one another. 

There are a lot of unanswered questions but I’m willing to wait and find out what happens next to them, especially after that ending, can we say cliffhanger.  Seriously, but that’s what keeps you coming back for me.  It’s like watching a really good show that keeps you intrigued and then when something major is going to happen bam here comes the commercial break.  We haven’t learned much about them as I’d like to know but we are getting there and the story is definitely progressing in the right direction.

Overall this was a unique book with a unique plot that I’m ready to explore.  I’ll throw out some speculations though, just like I do when I’m watching TV, but I swear the “Shrimp” has to know something about this and we definitely need to explore that aspect.  Were they in an accident and that’s why they are in this state?  Why was everything dirty from the previous night?  Something major is going down and I need to know what it is! Great job keeping me at the edge of my seat. 


I like the cover, but I don’t really get it as it seems it’s underwater, does that have something to do with it.  Ugh too many questions!  Of course also what is the never never mean, it almost sounds romantic the two of them.  They definitely belong together. 

No comments: