Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Accidents & Incidents by Riley Graham

Accidents & Incidents
By Riley Graham
Release Date: December 11, 2013

Review:
Sometimes finding love means taking the scenic route …

Living with her faultfinding mother has taught Leslie not to ask for much. Just watch your step, stay on the sidelines, and take what you can get. But she wants a mom who thanks her for cleaning the kitchen instead of yelling at her for missing a spot, and a boyfriend who does more than score her a seat at the popular table—someone who actually notices her sitting there.

So when Cain, the school heartbreaker, turns his Carolina blue eyes her way, Leslie can’t help but be tempted, even if he’s her boyfriend’s best friend. Things get even more complicated when Leslie strikes up unlikely friendships with Meredith, Cain’s girlfriend, and Dennis, a boy addicted to cigarettes and solitude. Despite his tough exterior, Dennis seems to understand Leslie in a way that no one ever has, and to need her as much as she needs him.

For the first time in her life, Leslie feels like she could belong. She’s just not sure where. Will she ring in the New Year with the right guy, or end up right back where she started—alone?

Links

Review:
So this wasn't necessarily my favorite book.  It just didn't have any depth to it regardless of all the recent deaths and break ups.  I couldn't really feel for any of the characters I just wasn't that into them.  The story was okay but went kind of juvenile in a way.  Yes I realize the kids in here are young, 16ish or whatever but it was just too much for me personally.  Especially considering where I live you have to be at least 17 to get a permit and 18 to drive.  The writing style was okay but again not my favorite.

I just couldn't find any feeling in this book.  I'm definitely not jaded or anything but I just couldn't get into them, there was nothing special or remotely interesting about this, it was literally just okay.  We meet Leslie, who is just an average girl sitting at the popular table because of her boyfriend, that is until he isn't anymore.  Very cliché, but still the popular kids bring her under her wings all the while she's pining over her now close friend's boyfriend.  Who seems so very shallow and I couldn't stand him at all. But to each their own right.

The only character I was interested in was red headed loner Dennis who recently lost his father and he's very emo about it, but still something to him.  Just wish there was a little bit more there.  Even the best friend, Meredith, who is dating Cain and Leslie likes Cain, her character seemed very superficial Cheerleader trying to have a heart.

Overall this book was okay.  I did really like the synopsis and the cover of this book, thought they were well done and it's what attracted me to the book in the first place.


Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Indie Inked, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: