Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Review: Unspoken (Woodlands #2) by

Unspoken
By:
Release Date: September 16, 2013
Series: Woodlands #2

Description:
Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.


Review:
A continuation of the Woodland's series and Jen Frederick did not disappoint int he telling of the story of Noah's best friend - Bo.  Although I was hoping he did get together with Grace's cousin Lana, that is not the case for Bo but he did have a great love interest in this book.  Very empowering to stand up for yourself and who you are. A great addition to this series.

We are meeting AM for the first time and she is constantly in hiding from people on campus because she was labeled as a slut, all this because of one drunken night with a Lacrosse player and another who felt dejected when she didn't want him.  Rumors are nasty little things that get out of control and cause a lot of damage unnecessarily because people just don't have the time to find out the truth, it's all about the gossip mill.  But Ann Marie Weston is fine, because she has her best friend Ellie, and her neighbors as well to keep her sane through all of this.  That is until she meets Bo in one of her classes and they become paired as partners on a project they have to complete.

Bo is Noah's best friend and has always been known as a ladies man, he's never thought of settling down with only one person, but there is something about AM that is different.  Bo is not an official MMA fighter like Noah is but he has his bouts and can never really become professional because he lacks following the rules.  But when it comes to AM all he wants to do is show her how good a person he can be with her and how good a person she makes him by being with him.  They both have their issues and sordid pasts but they compliment each other in all the right ways.

Their attraction is strong and as much as AM first protested it was only herself that was holding back and when she finally let him in that's when everything started going well for both of them.  They overcome things in their pasts that should have been taken care of before but together they were stronger and helped them achieve this.  I really enjoyed them as a couple and they definitely had some hot scenes together with no inhibitions at all.  Again they complimented each other in all aspects.

I really enjoyed this book and the secondary characters in this one as well.  We still had Noah and Grace and even Lana showed up a little but I love how they focused just a little bit more on Finn as well.  Maybe the next book will be about him (cross fingers), but all the guys who live in the Woodlands are great and I can't wait to explore more about them and their love interests.  It's always nice when things work out they way they should. 

Another great cover and this time I feel as if there is support shown between the two people on the cover and that is what this book was definitely about, support for one another and the love they share.  Great book, good continuation of the series.

Disclaimer:
I received this book from New Adult Book Club on Goodreads and the author, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: