Monday, August 19, 2013

Review: Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu

Catching Liam
By: Sophia Bleu
Release Date: July 8, 2013
Series: Good Girls Don't #1

Description:
Twenty-one year-old Jillian Nichols only has one rule when it comes to boys: catch and release. Boy-catching isn't just a game for Jillian and her friends, it's a lifestyle. After all, boys might be good for a dance or a drink and certainly a little under-cover action of the scandalous variety, but expect much else and you're bound for heart ache.

So when her best friends and fellow boy catchers start dropping like flies junior year, Jillian is determined to keep boys in her bedroom and out of her heart. Until she meets Liam McAvoy, the kind of guy that sticks around to make waffles and who can't—or perhaps won't—take a hint.

Study abroad student Liam doesn't want to be another notch on Jillian's bedpost. Actually he has much more interesting ideas for Jillian and her bedposts, but his student visa's set expiration date means he can't promise her forever. That doesn't mean he's going to walk away from the challenge of discovering why Jillian is hell-bent at keeping people at a distance.

Before long, neither is sure who is catching who—or if they're playing for keeps. Jillian knows one thing though: falling in love will not only break the only rule of boy-catching, it could also break her heart.


Review:

This book was HOT! This is what a new adult book should be like; you have more adult situations, consequences, insecurities, reality and just some very steaminess thrown in there.  This book was great I know I've been waiting to read it for quite a while so I was too happy when I was able to read and review it.  Amazing author loved her style of writing and the situations she put us in throughout the book were very realistic and believable. 

After reading the first line in the prologue I knew this book was going to be good and right up my alley. 

Monday was boy catching night. A fact we’d established about two weeks into our freshman year.
(Kindle Locations 22-23)

Jillian and her two best friends are about to embark on another semester at Olympic Falls and they are ready to conquer the world.  For years the three have been friends and this is the first time two out of the three have been paired off with boyfriends.  Jillian being her normal self and very much believes in the whole catch and release method when dealing with men finally meets her match.  The catch she bought home is still there in the morning and making her waffles.  After a night of debauchery the guy usually leaves so this is all new to Jillian and she’s not sure how she feels about it.  At first it’s all fine because eventually he will leave, that is until the next day when she finds out he is in one of his classes and will now be her partner for the entire semester. 
Liam is an exchange student from Scotland (who doesn’t love a sexy accent, I know I do) and he has fallen head over heels for Jillian and is on a mission to break down her barriers.  The two really seem to hit it off and even though Jillian is still fighting it throughout the book she knows that she can’t be without him.  But she still doesn’t feel comfortable completely letting him in because she does have a secret that she’s not willing to share, that is until she can no longer hold it back.  I’m not going to say what it is but you should definitely read it to find out what’s wrong with Jillian because she seems like a very strong girl but she can’t control everything.

The love affair they share with one another was funny, adorable and very hard on Jillian to come to realization with but it was fun to watch them together and their interactions with one another.  It’s hard to finally break down and trust other people but she showed courage in finally trying to let someone into her small bubble of a life, especially with everything that is going on with her.  All I can say is that Liam (which I love the name by the way really love it) can make me waffles any morning he wants!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and I can only imagine how wonderful the next book will be because I just had a feeling something fishy was going on with Jessie and I can’t wait to read all about it.  Luckily I don’t have to wait too long because it comes out next month! This was a really great fun light sometimes serious read and I would recommend this to anyone who loves the new adult genre and just a good book in general.  I will say this though, my opinion only – I wasn’t too fond of the cover.  They don’t look like the people I imagined in my mind but the cover is growing on me.

No comments: