Friday, May 24, 2013

Review: The Avery Shaw Experiment

The Avery Shaw Experiment
By: Kelly Oram
Release Date: May 4, 2013

Description:
When Avery Shaw’s heart is shattered by her life-long best friend, she chooses to deal with it the only way she knows how—scientifically.

The state science fair is coming up and Avery decides to use her broken heart as the topic of her experiment. She’s going to find the cure. By forcing herself to experience the seven stages of grief through a series of social tests, she believes she will be able to get over Aiden Kennedy and make herself ready to love again. But she can’t do this experiment alone, and her partner (ex partner!) is the one who broke her heart.

Avery finds the solution to her troubles in the form of Aiden’s older brother Grayson. The gorgeous womanizer is about to be kicked off the school basketball team for failing physics. He’s in need of a good tutor and some serious extra credit. But when Avery recruits the lovable Grayson to be her “objective outside observer,” she gets a whole lot more than she bargained for, because Grayson has a theory of his own: Avery doesn’t need to grieve. She needs to live. And if there’s one thing Grayson Kennedy is good at, it’s living life to the fullest.


Review:
I can without a doubt see this book as being an amazing movie, even the cover could be a great movie poster.  That’s how much I loved the book and would love to see it come to life.  The author captivated me the moment I started reading the book. The writing style the content the characters, all of it was very much an addiction that I needed to feed and devour.  This book made me laugh and aw and just get all giddy so many times over, really a great fabulous fun read.  This is really a great book to read on vacation or just in general really.

We meet Avery who is absolutely in love with her best friend Aiden.  Their parents were pregnant at the same time and met at a yoga class ever since then they have all been inseparable.  They were even born on the same day, their friendship was a different kind of friendship, but Avery just knew Aiden just needed time to realize how much he was in love with her too.  Or at least that’s what she felt until one day he asked her to give him some space, this is when the experiment was born and the kindle was lit between Avery and Aiden’s brother Grayson.  Which let me just say Grayson sounds super delicious.

He never noticed Avery before but something happened when her heart broke and she accidentally runs into him, he’s never been one to settle down but there is something about her, it hit him hard.  Grayson is the popular jock in school and Avery is the geeky science girl.  They couldn’t be any more different but they were absolutely perfect for each other.  It’s as if they fit together like Ying and Yang.  So the experiment was for Avery to go through the different stages of losing someone. such as denial, grief, guilt and acceptance.  I’m sure I’m forgetting one in there somewhere.  So this is their experiment and Grayson is to be the outside bystander who observes and helps her through the different stages to cure her heartbreak.

Of course something happens along the way where even if they call it an experiment there is an attraction there and their relationship really does blossom.  It was entertaining to watch Avery go through the different stages and at some points very sad to watch Grayson have to deal with them when he has so obviously fallen for her.  Again I can’t say this enough that this book needs to become a movie, that’s how good it is.  You should definitely pick this up because the book will definitely make you smile, definitely (it’s the word of the day).  I loved all the characters but I have to give a special shout out to Avery’s nerd friend Molly, because she is just too funny, Owen better watch out!

The cover is too cute and adorable and I know the first time I saw just the cover that I wanted to read this book and I’m so happy I picked it up.  Now I need to go find another book by this author because she is too good.  I hope there is more to come in the future. 

------------------
I don't usually put stars on here but maybe I will have to start ... my rating for this book is ...



No comments: